La Plata Conservation District budget for 2017 is shown below. A downloadable PDF version is available: LPCD 2017 Budget
This budget was reviewed and approved at the Board Meeting on Tuesday, November 15, 2015.
The La Plata Conservation District receives $0 from mill levies.
2017 Budget Message
PURPOSE: To describe the important features of the district budget. This budget provides fiscal guidance for the district during 2017 and reflects its priorities.
Most of our revenue is income derived through tree sales, sales of supplies, rental of equipment and rental of an office in Pagosa Springs. Income from the rental of this office is shared between the three districts that own the facility: the La Plata, San Juan, and Pine River Districts.
Our expenses consist mainly of:
- Educational Services in the form of workshops.
- Educational Scholarships.
- Tree purchases for resale.
The services this district offers are:
- Conservation education materials to youth in the district
- Natural resource conservation materials to landowners
- Conservation equipment rental for district landowners
- Scholarship for college or youth resource camp
- Arbor Day participation at local grade schools
The budgetary basis for accounting this district uses is: Cash basis.